It is the policy of College of the North Atlantic-Qatar, to maintain and adhere to state admission requirements. Students are admitted based on the proviso that they meet the minimum educational qualifications prescribed. Admission to the College is competitive based on the results of the College's mandatory placement assessment examination.
The College maintains an open admission policy. Students will be admitted into a program on a first-come, first-served basis as assessed by the date of receipt of their application and on the proviso that the candidate students meet the minimum qualifications prescribed.
Entry into Full-time Programs
Candidates applying for full-time status must satisfy the following requirements:
- Meet the educational and other requirements for entry into the particular program or meet the mature student requirements.
- Have reached the legal school-leaving age on the date of commencement of the course program.
- Apply in writing on the approved application form.
- Show evidence of physical qualification in accordance with the requirements of the program selected, where applicable.
- In the case of high school graduates, provide an official copy of high school transcript. Provide a photocopy of the National ID Card and passport, with details.
- Provide further documentation or report for an interview or for testing when required.
- All applicants are required to complete the College of the North Atlantic-Qatar's mandatory placement assessment examination.
High School Definition
Senior high school graduation means the successful completion of required credit courses as specified by the Supreme Education Council, Qatar. Ministry validation of secondary grades is required for all non-state and private schools.
Mature Student Requirements
Applicants who do not meet the educational prerequisites for the program they wish to enter may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided all the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year.
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument at a level approved by the College.
*The mature applicant policy applies to Qatari Nationals only.
Special circumstances may exist whereby applicants who fail to meet all of the criteria for admission may be recommended for acceptance. In such cases, the application will be referred to the Committee on Special Admissions.
Applicants who are high school students who do not meet the academic requirements (includes having reached the legal school-leaving age on the date of commencement of the program) must provide a letter of recommendation from the High School Principal or Guidance Counsellor.
Applicants with disabilities will undergo an assessment to determine admission. The assessment will include:
- Reviewing the applicant's qualifications.
- Reviewing the recommendation of the sponsoring or supporting group (if applicable).
- Summarizing the applicant's strengths and abilities.
- Determining the need for support staff required to facilitate the integration of the applicant.
- Identifying necessary resources/equipment required to facilitate the training.
Re-Admission of Students
Academically Dismissed Students
1. Applications from academically dismissed students will be received at any time but students will not be accepted to return on a full-time basis until a six-month period from the date of dismissal has elapsed.
2. Students who have been academically dismissed from a program on two or more occasions will not be eligible for re-admission to that program for a period of two years from the date of dismissal.
3. Students who are required to withdraw from the College under numbers 1 and 2 (above) must apply for re-admission and their names will be placed at the end of the existing waitlist.
Students who are in good standing and who voluntarily withdraw due to extenuating circumstances (confirmed by the counselor or Program Administrator) will be required to reapply to return to the program; these students will be admitted into the first available seat.
Waitlists will be maintained for each program. Candidates will be placed on the waitlist provided all entrance requirements are satisfied and all necessary documentation is received.
- Applications will be processed provided that:
- The application is completed correctly with all documentation.
- All educational and other requirements are met.
- All applicable fees are paid.
- Applicants will be notified immediately upon receipt of their application.
- Applicants enrolled in their final year of high school will be accepted conditionally pending receipt of final exam results.
- When accepted, applicants will be asked to confirm in writing their intent to register. If applicants fail to confirm within the time specified, their places will go to the applicant next on the eligibility list.
Student Numbers will be assigned to students who enter a regular College program either on a full-time or part-time basis.
Students will use the number assigned to them regardless of the number of times they register at the college or the campus at which they register.
Student numbers must appear on all documents to be added to the student's files.
Entry - Non-Program Specific
The only entrance requirement for candidates wishing to apply for a credit course through General Studies is the course prerequisite, if applicable. Acceptance under General Studies does not constitute a commitment to or admission into any college program.
Entry - Part-time Students
Students who apply for part-time status in any program must meet all the requirements outlined for full-time status and will be considered only if a vacancy exists after full-time students have been accommodated.
CNA-Q Language Studies Scholarship
A scholarship covering 5,000 QR per term for one academic year available to Qatari Nationals entering CNA-Q for the first time.
- Applicants have met the high school admission requirements or the mature applicant requirements for CNA-Q.
- Applicants must have completed the CNA-Q Academic English Placement Test.
- Applicants have applied to an undersubscribed program at CNA-Q.
Download an application form or pick one up at the Registrar's Office in Building 3. For further information click here.