Upon successful completion of the two year program, graduates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Function successfully as entry-level technicians in the processing industry.
- Analyze and maintain process automation systems.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain process automation ﬁeld and control room devices and systems, such as programmable logic control, distributed control and emergency shutdown systems.
- Use speciﬁc computer software in the implementation, calibration and design of process automated systems.
Process Automation has very diverse applications. Program graduates may ﬁnd employment in production plants, hospitals, and oil and gas facilities, as well as private, government and non-proﬁt sectors. With successful completion of the technician diploma, students are eligible for entry to the Process Automation Engineering Technology program to further enhance these skills and growth potential.
Graduates of the Process Automation Engineering Technology program may have the opportunity to transfer credits to other academic institutions.
A current list of post-secondary institutions offering admission and transfer credit to CNA-Q graduates who meet the entrance requirements is available from the Registrar’s Ofﬁce or the Career Counseling and Resource Centre. Staff in both these ofﬁces will provide support and assistance to CNA-Q graduates seeking to further their post-secondary studies.
For more information, please refer to the Program Articulation and Transfer Credit section in this Academic Calendar.
- This program may not be suitable for applicants who do not have normal colour perception.
- Students should be aware of the strenuous physical dexterity required in this training program.
- Employers will normally demand that all applicants undergo a physical capabilities assessment prior to hiring.
We are excited you are interested in joining CNA-Q's School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades ! You can request for more information or contact below for general inquires:
School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades
+974 4495 2295