Through this program of study, graduates acquire the technical knowledge and hands-on skills required to:
- Implement and install petroleum production equipment, power generation systems and general mechanical support systems.
- Operate and maintain petroleum production equipment, power generation systems and general mechanical support systems.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical mechanical problems.
- Apply foundational knowledge and skills in an industrial maintenance technician setting.
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member of technical teams.
- Demonstrate application of the Conference Board of Canada employability skills.
Given the broad base of the mechanical ﬁeld, graduates have employment opportunities in numerous industries, including oil and gas production, reﬁning, petrochemical plants, manufacturing plants, engineering ﬁrms and government departments. With successful completion of the technician diploma, students are eligible for entry to the Mechanical Engineering Technology program to further enhance these skills and growth potential.
Graduates of the Mechanical Technician (Industrial Maintenance) program may have the opportunity to transfer credits to other academic institutions.
A current list of post-secondary institutions offering admission to and accepting transfer credit from CNA-Q graduates who meet the entrance requirements is available from the Admissions & Registration Department or the Career Counselling and Resource Centre.
We are excited you are interested in joining CNA-Q's Technician Preparatory Program! You can request for more information or contact below for general inquires:
School of Engineering Technologymarvin.firstname.lastname@example.org
+974 4495 2300