Upon successful completion of the two-year program, graduates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Function successfully as entry-level technicians in the electrical power industry.
- Maintain electrical systems.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain heavy electrical equipment, including transformers, motors, generators and related control and protective equipment.
- Use speciﬁc computer software in the design of building electrical systems.
- Communicate with customers and fellow members of the engineering team.
- Recognize the importance of continuing education and professional afﬁliations.
Graduates of the Electrical Technician program may ﬁnd employment with a large variety of companies involved in the electrical industry. Typical GCC employers include public and private sector power and water utilities, large petrochemical reﬁning and production facilities and government departments. With successful completion of the technician diploma, students are eligible for entry to the Electrical Engineering Technology program to further enhance these skills and growth potential
Graduates of the Electrical Power Systems Technician program may have the opportunity to transfer credits to other academic institutions.
A current list of post-secondary institutions offering admission to and accepting transfer credit from CNA-Q graduates who meet the entrance requirements is available from the Admissions & Registration Department or the Career Counselling and Resource Centre.
This program is under review and a revised study plan will come into effect January 2020. Please check the website for any changes or updates to this Academic Calendar for 2020.
Students should be aware of the strenuous physical dexterity required in this training program.
Employers will normally demand that all applicants undergo a physical capabilities assessment prior to hiring.
We are excited you are interested in joining CNA-Q's School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades! You can request for more information or contact below for general inquiries:
School of Engineering Technologymarvin.email@example.com
+974 4495 2300