Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply hands-on skills needed to assist in the design, operation, and troubleshooting of chemical processing units and equipment.
- Perform procedures within the chemical process technology environment in accordance with established workplace safety protocols.
- Apply communication and computer skills required for successful correspondence with chemists, engineers, technologists, technicians and other colleagues.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills required for workplace team settings.
- Apply problem-solving methodologies to real-life situations through practice in the classroom and laboratory environments.
- Perform quality control procedures to optimize chemical processes/equipment.
Graduates of the Chemical Processing Technician diploma program will find employment in various chemical processing industries such as oil and gas production, petrochemicals, fertilizers and other process operations. Graduates will be involved in the routine operation and optimization of chemical processing facilities, occupying roles such as Junior Technician or Field Operator. With successful completion of the technician diploma, students may transfer to the third year of the technology program to graduate with a Chemical Processing Technology Diploma to further enhance these skills and growth potential.
Graduates of the Chemical Processing Technology program may have the opportunity to transfer credits to other academic institutions.
A current list of post-secondary institutions offering admission and transfer credit to CNA-Q graduates who meet the entrance requirements is available from the Admissions and Registration Department
or the Career Counseling and Resource Centre.
Staff in both these offices will provide support and assistance to CNA-Q graduates seeking to further their post-secondary studies.
For more information, please refer to the Program Articulation and Transfer Credit section in this Academic Calendar.
We are excited you are interested in joining CNA-Q's School of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades ! You can request for more information or contact below for general inquires:
School of Engineering Technologymarvin.firstname.lastname@example.org
+974 4495 2300