This 12 hour CPD activity focuses on providing basic knowledge of dental radiographic equipment, the principles of radiation safety and critical thinking, viewing of the radiography equipment and explanation of the rationale behind each radiographic technique.
This activity will be offered through six (6) hours face-to-face learning and a six (6) hour hands-on simulated dental clinic.
Dental health practitioners interested in improving their knowledge of dental radiography.
- Basic principles of x-radiation
- Introduction to radiation physics
- Dental radiographic equipment
- Radiation safety
- Quality assurance
- Infection control and radiation safety principles and procedures.
- Exposure and processing techniques for traditional and digital radiographs.