Precepting is a practice and a dedication. At CNA-Q we are continually seeking new and enthusiastic professionals to join our dedicated preceptor team.
Being a preceptor not only requires a desire to impart knowledge and experience, but also requires a significant commitment. Precepting takes time, patience, organization, support, skill and excellent communication skills. Preceptors are experts in their fields, committed to lifelong learning and professional development. Preceptors are role models to learners and peers.
Benefits to becoming a preceptor include:
- Professional involvement in the teaching and learning process
- Validation and reinforcement or professional values and practice
- Innovative and improved practice
- Opportunity to self reflect on one's contribution to the profession
- Contributing to future healthcare through influencing a student's practice
- Self directed continuing education
- Opportunity to network with other preceptors and professionals
If you are interested in becoming a preceptor and are willing to make a commitment please contact us: Preceptor@cna-qatar.edu.qa